|Some great advice from the graduate students I work with. : )|
By putting them out here into the universe, I am going to do my best to hold myself accountable to actually finishing them. If I can go to Canada or chop off all of my hair, by gosh, I'll check the rest of these things off!
Do Cool, "Grown-Up" Stuff
- Find a baking cookbook and bake every single thing in it. - (My own Julie and Julia project if you will.)
- Bake someone a birthday cake.
- Grow a garden. (Completed Summer 2013, and again Summer 2014 & 2015).
- Marry my best friend. (Completed May 25, 2014. Best Day Ever.)
- Own our own home.
- Grow our family. (October 2016)
- Pay off all of my student loan debt.
- Host a dinner party.
- Find my perfect shade of lipstick.
- Use my sewing machine.
- Do something with all of my photos.
- Propose my dissertation. (Completed May 13, 2015)
- Finish my dissertation. (Defended March 31, 2016)
- Graduate (again). (May 2016)
- Publish an article.
- Present my research at a conference.
- Teach a for-credit course in my field.
- Get a second tattoo. (And then maybe more?...)
- Watch a sunrise.
- Complete 100 runs.
- Run a half marathon. (Completed September 28, 2013)
- Run a full marathon.
- Take a "real" camping trip.
- Do a Man vs. Food Challenge.
- Shake the President's hand.
- Attend a presidential inauguration.
- Attend the Olympics. Summer, definitely summer.
- Watch a football game from the sidelines.
- Ride first class on an airplane.
- See my Badgers win the Rose Bowl. (Let's keep trying guys.)
Pick Up Some New Life Skills
- Write a novel.
- Re-learn Spanish...
- Read a whole book in Spanish.
- Learn how to use a DSLR camera.
- Read the list of 100 Great Works.
- Redesign my blog.
Experience New Parts the Country and the World
- All 50 states - (TX checked off in 2014)
- Mt. Rushmore
- Las Vegas
- New Orleans (again) (Completed May 2014)
- San Francisco
- London (Completed September 2014)
- Ireland (Completed October 2014)
- France (Completed September 2014)
- Machu Picchu
Alright folks, let's check stuff off!