Sunday, August 14, 2011

Put a fork in it. I'm done.

Yesterday was my last day at SLU. At the end of the day, I left my office looking like this:



















Perhaps the cleanest that it's ever been.

It is hard to describe how I am feeling now. I spent the last few weeks under a cloud of stress, trying to make sure that not only did I leave good transition notes, but that I also planned ahead as far as I could. I would hate to leave the next person a mess.

And yesterday, well, it was hard. Final wrap up tasks, plus saying goodbye to colleagues and friends. Because I'm not just headed down the block. I am headed north...six hours away. While I know I will be back in just a few months for some class commitments, I am still leaving. There were promises of lunches and dinners next week before I leave. And there were tears. Lots of tears. Because leaving is sad.

I woke up this morning with a migraine. I attribute it to my stress finally breaking. That seems to be a regular pattern for me. My body decided that it needed a break before proceeding with more packing and moving tasks. I took the hint and was a lazy bum all day.

I will get back to the packing tomorrow. And cleaning. I may even spare a few hours for the pool. Because I don't really think it is going to hit me that I'm done until Monday morning. When I am still off. At least for the week. I suppose I should try to enjoy some of it before I head off to the next job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...