Friday, December 21, 2012

30B430 Book 29: The Hobbit


Holy crap, I found time to read a book!

Let me start by saying that I am not a huge Lord of the Rings fan. My experience with JRR Tolkien can be summed up as: Attempted to watch the first two LOTR movies a few months ago, fell asleep during both. Did not attempt the third. I really only watched them because so many people would tell me, "What do you mean you've never watched Lord of the Rings?!" Sounded like something I was supposed to do.

With The Hobbit coming out as a movie, I decided to give the whole thing another go. I agreed to go to the movie with Chris, but only if I could read the book first. Or attempt it. I hate being that person in the movie theater asking a million questions because I don't understand what is going on. And I didn't really think keeping all of those dwarves straight was going to happen without at least reading the book.

So I did. And I didn't hate it. There was definitely an adventure to the story, and I wanted to see how it all turned out for Bilbo Baggins. The writing style wasn't exactly my favorite. But I got through it. Will I read the LOTR books now? Nope, probably not.

And now it's movie time. Hoping it is a good one. : )

This definitely wouldn't get an A for a book report. But that's my post. Only one book to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...