Friday, December 21, 2012

Dead Air.


It's time to put an end to the silence!

I'm here!

Sorry for the long absence. Between a crazy work/personal/dissertation schedule, traveling, and fighting a nasty cold for the last ten days, I haven't had much time to personally reflect, let alone throw some thoughts down for others to read.

Plus, I ran into this crazy blogging issue that other bloggers may be able to relate to. Apparently you eventually hit a limit on your free photo storage when using Blogger. And then all of a sudden, you need to decide if you are willing to commit to paying monthly for additional photo storage. Or you have to have all-text posts. Boo. Who would want that? I had to come up with a plan to work that out, and now, here I am again.

I may not have been writing, but I have been reading others blogs, and wow, they are filled with holiday cheer! Things they are baking and making, gifts they are giving, the whole shebang.

I'll be honest. I've been kind of a grinch this year. I am usually all about the Christmas season, but this year I just either haven't been home or haven't been feeling well enough to do it. I can't even fake it. Totally lackluster. I decorated the house back in November, and then have done nothing for all of December, other than watching a handful of Christmas movies. No baking. No holiday parties for this party pooper. I've kept my snot and germs home with me on the couch. My gifts are not nearly as thoughtful or well-planned as I'd like them to be. And I finished writing out my Christmas cards last night but haven't gotten them in the mail yet. Stay tuned for those after the holidays.

While I love Christmas, I am totally okay with my limited participation. The season can be so overwhelming. And I've needed to focus on getting well again, rather than feeling bad about not finishing all my grand plans. The Neti Pot is my new best friend.

Is anyone else having a "meh" holiday?    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...