|Remember when I ran a lot? I'd like to do that again.|
And what I found last year, is that I really liked the opportunity to do those shorter races. They were way more fun than my plain old training runs. So why not aim to complete 13 races this year?!
So here is my schedule for what I'd like to do this spring/summer to get started:
- Saturday, March 23 - Bunny Rock Run 5K
- Saturday, April 27 - Either the Deer Run 10K (which I did last year) or the Crazylegs Classic 8K
- Saturday, May 11 - The Cupcake Run 5K (c'mon, does this not have my name all over it?)
- Saturday, May 25 - The Color Run Racine (this is more of a fun one)
- Saturday, June 8 - The Lombardi Run
- Wednesday, June 12 - SuperRun 5K
- Saturday, June 15 - Either the Lighthouse Run 10 miler in Racine, or the Rock N' Sole Quarter Marathon (I participated in both races last year and am bummed that they fall on the same day!)
- Wednesday, July 4 - The Firecracker 4
- Thursday, July 11 - Storm the Bastille 5K
- Thursday, July 18 - Festa 5K (no info yet)
- Saturday, July 20 - Sausage Racers 5K
- The Madison Mini Marathon on August 17th
- The Badgerland Striders Half on August 24th
- The Brewers Half on September 28th
Does this sound like fun to you? Run with me! I'd love a buddy.
Don't live by me? That's okay. We can run together virtually. A blog running group if you will. Share a race that you might like to do in the comments section, and I'll cheer for ya from here!
Never run before? That's okay. I started totally from scratch last year. And I'll basically be starting over again now. I used a Couch to 5K program, which was a great tool to help me start slow and build steady progress along the way. I totally recommend it.