Wednesday, February 27, 2013

March Meals

Hello and Welcome! If you found your way here from the Pinterest Challenge, feel free to scroll down to the next post to see my project. Or just enjoy this photo of some delicious dessert. : )

My delicious birthday bread pudding. Yum. 
Holy crap. How is it almost March already? No one knows.

February certainly has sped by in a hurry. And we ate a bunch of good food: Beef stew, gnocchi in tomato broth, Swedish meatballs, Maid Rites (Iowa loose meat sandwiches - not sloppy joes), and slow-cooker Italian chicken salad. Eat them now and be happy.

Oh, the rest of the meals?....nope, didn't make em. But I did get to eat some of my favorite BBQ and pizza during my birthday trip to St. Louis. And had an awesome family birthday dinner here in Milwaukee at Maxie's Southern Comfort. I will be going back to that place as often as I can. The bread pudding and key lime pie were to die for. Yes, we got two desserts.

And now we march on to March Meal Planning. Same strategy as February, a three or four meal plan for each week. I didn't plan as many at the end of the month, because that's usually the point where it makes sense to start cleaning out stuff in the freezer, and when the budget is a bit tighter. Or when I say, "meh," and a Jack's pizza finds its way in the oven. You know how that can go.

Week One
15 Veggie Soup - a copycat recipe of one of my faves from Au Bon Pain.
Cilantro Thai Grilled Chicken
Taco Pizza
Pesto Cheese Toast

Week Two
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Baked Spaghetti with Sausage
Black Bean Quesadillas

Week Three
Oven-Baked Parmesan Chicken
Mac and Cheese - I'm always checking out new recipes. Love the stuff!
Taco Soup

Week Four
Italian Meatball Burgers
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken

You might be thinking, "Kirstin - there are some all-veggie and/or fish meals in there. Are you forcing Chris to starve?" Nope, but there are some nights where I'll be flying solo for dinner. So it's a good opportunity to take advantage of eating things that I like that he doesn't. He does the same when I'm not there.

Something that we also discovered in February that I hope to take advantage of this month are the awesome monthly specials from Bunzel's, a local Milwaukee deli and meat market. Last month we picked up their special and went home with a Godfather pork roast, two chicken patties, a whole cut-up chicken, two lbs of ground beef, and an oven-ready meatloaf for just $20.13. Pretty amazing deal. And all of the meat has been delicious so far. If you are in the area, check them out!

So what are you eating this month? Getting in your corned beef and Irish soda bread?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...