Saturday, August 14, 2010

The End is Near

Summer is officially over.  When August 1 hits, there is a total shift in mindset, as we scramble to get everything done before the students return. They'll be back Wednesday. Yikes. This is my last weekend without any work commitments for a really long time.

So what to do with my last free weekend?

Well, there is the part of me that wants to do nothing - to lay by the pool one last time while finishing the last of my library books. To go see Eat Pray Love before I don't have time for fun things. To just sleep.

And then there is the part of me that freaks out about all of the errands and other things that I won't have time to do. That I should be scrambling to get the laundry done, so that I have at least a month's worth of clothes. And vacuuming and cleaning every inch of the apartment that I basically won't live in other than to sleep for a few short hours here and there. To get things to where it looks like I have it all together before the storm hits.

Or should I be doing work? Getting ahead on work projects so that I'm less crazed next week. I do always bring the bag of it home, although it doesn't often get touched.

Perhaps I should be doing a little of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...