Monday, July 11, 2011

Hola. Que Tal?

Hello. How are you?

Lesson one in the Coffee Break Spanish podcast from Radio Lingua. As I was wandering through the iTunes top tens among the podcasts, I happened upon this free tool for learning Spanish. It's aimed at beginners, but as someone who hasn't taken Spanish in about 9 years, I think it will be a good refresher. The starter lessons are definitely words and phrases that are more familiar (hola, gracias, buenos dias, etc.), but I think it is probably a good idea to start from the beginning.

I was also surprised to find that the instructor has a charming Irish accent. It really adds a special something.

So why relearn Spanish? I took language classes for five years, and initially planned to major in Spanish, But after the first year in college, I was pretty burnt out. I took a break, thinking that I would go back, but I never did.

The podcasts seem helpful, although it is certainly going to be a long time before I can carry a conversation. Oh well.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...