Friday, September 23, 2011

30B430 Book #4: The Girl Who Played With Fire

That Lisbeth Salander sucks you in!



I quickly snagged The Girl Who Played with Fire, the second in the Millenium series by Stieg Larsson, once my mom finished it. Since reading on the bus is a no go, it took me a little bit longer than I had hoped to get through the book, reading a few chapters each night before I went to sleep. 

At first I wasn't sure how it would compare to the first book. It started out equally slow, as it retold some of what happened in the last book, while setting up a new storyline. The first book looked at themes of sexual violence against women. The second looks at the victimization of women in the sex trafficking. It also gives you a lot more information about who Lisbeth Salander is. And of course, it gets crazy! The second book also leads directly into the third book in sort of a Pirates of the Caribbean 2/3 way. I can't wait to see how it all ends. 

Did you catch a preview yet for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie? I saw it for the first time last night during The Office. It comes out in December, and I can't wait. If not, you can check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...