Saturday, September 17, 2011

30B430 Book #1: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I have shared my love of reading before, which is why one of the goals on my 30 Before 30 Bucket list includes reading 30 books for fun (#1). I was reading one book after the next last summer, but with work, dissertation/school and moving, this summer has been far less productive. Sadly, I just finished my first book last week. First on the list: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

I realize that I am way behind on the Millenium series. Most people have completed all three books and are eagerly awaiting the US version of the movie. But I am still in the early bird phase of my relationship with Lisbeth Salander and her crazy crime solving ways.

I had started the book several times, but struggled to get past the first few chapters. At the urging of others to just get through the first 100 pages, I gave it another shot. I liked the book a lot, especially as the story began to weave together and I wanted to know just what had happened to Harriet Vanger. However, I am leery of any book that makes you read that far before it gets interesting. I'm hoping that the second book provides a quicker start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...