Tuesday, April 2, 2013

An Announcement

One of my favorite drawings that hangs on our wall. From here.

In the major announcements category....

Chris and I are getting married! Woo hoo!

We are very excited and are enjoying all of the wonderful, kind words that friends have shared. In our four years (and eight days) of dating, we have been through so many adventures. It's exciting to plan for this big step in our future together.

If you are one of our Facebook friends, this is probably old news by now, but I have been getting lots of questions and felt like a short post would still get a read or two. Am I right?

The first question that I get asked is, "so what's the story?" It's a pretty simple one. We talked about getting married and spending our lives together. Chris talked to my mom. We made it official in a quick minute after walking into our apartment when we got back from family dinner. Pretty perfect. At least for us. I think when you are making the decision to spend the rest of your lives together, not much else is needed for it to be perfect. A big grand story just wouldn't be Chris and I.

The second question that I get asked is "Show me (Send me a picture of) your ring!" Don't have one yet. Not too concerned about it. We'll figure that one out eventually. I disagree with Beyonce that you have to put a ring on it to make it official.

As for any other questions as to date, location, etc., the answers will come with time. For right now, we are doing what we do every night. Watching eps of The West Wing. Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...