Saturday, April 27, 2013

On My Nightstand


I can't wait to get back into reading. I find that I read a lot more during the spring and summer months, mainly because there isn't any new tv to watch. I'm not gonna lie, tv is my thing. I watch a lot of it. More than I should.

But during the summer, I would rather get outside and read a good book. And I've got quite the stack ready to go from things I've borrowed from my mom to ones I have received as gifts or downloaded from Audible/Kindle Free Books. There isn't always a ton of rhyme or reason to this list. It's just what has ended up in the pile.

Since I often get asked what I'm reading or what I'd recommend, I thought I'd share this list. Feel free to pick one and read along with me!
  1. Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work by Dan and Chip Heath - we are reading this one for work. Pretty good so far!
  2. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford - I'm currently reading this one. 
  3. The Latehomecomer: A Hmong Family Memoir by Kao Kalia Yang- Also for work, it's our first-year common read.
  4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  5. The Night Circus by Chad Harbach
  6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  7. State of Wonder: A Novel (P.S.) by Ann Patchett
  8. Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer (P.S.) by James L. Swanson
  9. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn
  10. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
  11. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  12. The Girls from Ames: A Story of Women and a Forty-Year Friendship by Jeffrey Zaslow
  13. Half Broke Horses: A True-Life Novel by Jeannette Walls
  14. Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin
You might notice that many of these have been out for awhile. I don't often buy new books, and so I usually get stuff after my mom has already bought it. And then they usually sit on my nightstand for at least a year before I get to em. I also have a habit of starting a book several times before I actually commit and read the whole thing. Does anyone else do this?

What are you reading now, or planning to read next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...