Monday, July 26, 2010

Fruits and Veggies...YUM!

I've been trying to get back on track with fresh, healthy eating and to prepare more of my meals. Thank goodness that there are so many delicious fruits and veggies available this time of year!

Last week (before the conference started), I made a delicious veggie meal with a grilled portabella mushroom cap covered in goat cheese, a steamed artichoke heart with a lemon butter dipping sauce (okay, less healthy), a mini-pita, and a spinach salad with dried cranberries (oh, and more goat cheese). Okay, maybe not the healthiest, but certainly much better than the crap that I eat most of the time.



Look at all those colors! Need a close up?


So, of course this delicious meal was followed by a whole week of excessive eating and lots of indulgences. Feeling like my body needs a cleanse, I headed to the farmer's market this weekend and stocked up on a whole lot of goodness - delicious wheat bread, garlic, cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, peaches, green beans, and fresh corn. 

For dinner tonight, I started off by making a delicious heirloom tomato salad, with a variety of tomatoes, red wine vinegar, olive oil, a little salt and pepper, and oregano. I topped it off with a handful of goat cheese for a beautiful, colorful salad.



I also added some hummus, pita bread, and a whole bunch of sliced cucumbers for the following:



Yum, yum, and yum! So good.

I don't necessarily eat like this all the time, but it's so great when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...