Monday, September 13, 2010

Book #10: Promises to Keep

As I mentioned earlier this summer, I've been eagerly waiting to read Jane Green's latest book, Promises to Keep. I've read all of Green's other books, and I put my name on the waiting list at the public library as soon as I heard this book was coming out. After twice missing my hold (oops), I finally was able to pick up  it up over the weekend. With no work this weekend (wahoo!), I dug right in.

























The book follows a number of different connecting stories, centering around three women: Callie, her sister Steffi, and her best friend Lila. All three women have taken different paths through their adult lives in regards to work, family, and relationships, but are brought together when something big happens.

I don't want to give too much of the story away, but it was a good read and one that I'd recommend. One of my favorite parts was that one of the characters is a chef, and their were recipes included in each chapter. I made the curry recipe tonight, and hope to try out at least a few more before I have to return the book to the library.

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...