Tuesday, October 18, 2011

30B430 Book #5: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest


Finished the last Lisbeth Salander book. Done and done. 

Once you start a trilogy, there is really no turning back. After finishing the second book, I couldn't wait to read the last one, especially since it picked up where the last one left off. However, this one I was listening to on Audible, rather than reading the paperback. I have to say - the experience was a little different. Almost disappointing. 

I'm starting to realize that I like to read a book in my own voice. I have my own image of who the characters are and how they speak, generally how the book flows. And listening to someone else read it is just not the same.  I couldn't tell if it was the book or the audio nature, but there wasn't that build in the plot that kept me interested. I have to disagree with those that called it "pulse racing." Kind of a bummer. 

I'm debating if it makes more sense to stick to non-fiction for my audio books. I've heard great things about Rob Lowe's autobiography. Maybe that will be my next bus book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...