Friday, July 10, 2009

Making the Money Last

One of my challenges each month is to make my paycheck last through the end of the month. It is easy to spend a lot in the first week or so, and then spend the last few scraping or using credit cards to cover the shortfall.

I wrote earlier about my "End of the Month List" that includes items that I'd like to buy if I can make the money last until that last week. I am still keeping it and right now it includes:

  • Wellies (you know...the cute rubber rain boots)
  • A new wall mirror
  • Apples to Apples (the board game)
  • New laptop case
  • New running shoes/workout shorts
  • Scrapbooking supplies (esp. the Cricut)
  • Couch (my first ever!)

I suppose it also should include all of the items that I will replace in my apartment if I can. I have now made an official list that will include:

  • Shower Curtain (kind of a must)
  • Coffee Table
  • End tables
  • TV Stand
  • TV (wishful thinking)
  • Table Lamp
  • Wall Clock
  • Mirrors
  • Kitchen Cart
  • Wall Art/Decor
  • Throw Pillows
  • Doormats
  • Organizers

While it's easy to go out and just buy everything, I need to be more realistic as to my budget. And pace myself...that always seems to be the problem. Three more weeks to go!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...