Wednesday, October 20, 2010

MVF Adventure: Edwards Drive In

I love food. That's no secret. And I really enjoy shows about food. Shows about big food? Even better!

I have grown to love Man vs. Food, with Adam Richman and his crazy food challenges. One of my missions is to check out the different places that he's been. You're not likely to find me completing the eating challenges, but I'm definitely up for some good eats. Here in St. Louis, I've been to both Crown Candy Kitchen (the place where he did the milkshake challenge), and Pappy's Smokehouse - probably the best BBQ that I've ever had. I've also sampled the Krispy Kreme Burger, which was featured on the Ballpark episode during his visit to the Gateway Grizzlies. Don't believe me? Here it is:


I've noticed that they are now making appearances at many state fairs. 

During my most recent trip to Indianapolis, we decided to check out one of the MVF restaurants there. I actually haven't seen the episode yet, since I no longer have cable, so we went solely based on what we could find online. The episode just aired during this season, after filming during the Indy 500. (I also happened to be in town that weekend!)

Adam stopped at Edwards Drive In for a giant fried pork tenderloin sandwich. How big is it? It could use multiple buns. The restaurant is an old fashioned diner that still has a few drive in spots up front. According to the articles I found online, they've had quite the boom in business following their MVF appearance, which proved true when we got there. It was definitely busy!

I took one look at the tenderloin and decided there was no way that I'd finish one, but Chris gave it a shot:


He said that it was pretty good. I went for the root beer float, grilled cheese and onion rings, which were delicious!


  
Gotta love some good greasy food. I don't know how Adam doesn't gain like 500 lbs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...