Monday, August 27, 2012

On the Tube

Lately I have been watching a lot of tv, one of my favorite vices. It may be due to the fact that I was sick for about a week and couldn't do much else. I love a well-written tv show, and enjoy spending the summer finding new shows and/or catching up on those shows that have been on my "To Watch" list for some time. When you don't have cable, Internet TV is the way to go during the summer. Between Hulu Plus, Netflix Watch Instantly, Netflix Discs, and Project Free TV, we managed to find some good shows.


Homeland (Showtime)
If you haven't seen Homeland, I suggest you find some time to watch the first season before the second one starts in a few weeks. It looks at the CIA The show has some really great characters, lots of plot twists and conspiracy theory, and a major cliffhanger to end Season One. Well worth the time to watch. Claire Danes is awesome.



Mad Men (AMC)
I am a little late to the party on this one, I know. But I just finished watching all five seasons of Mad Men, back-to-back. Holy cow. Still trying to process how Season 5 ended, even though I knew what was coming.


Downton Abbey (PBS)
I think I have probably declared my love for Downton Abbey already. It is just SO good. I cannot wait for Season 3 to start. Even if you are not typically a fan of period dramas, you need to give Downton Abbey a shot.


Treme (HBO)
I finished Season One of Treme, and just got the discs for Season Two. The HBO Series follows the lives of people in the New Orleans neighborhood of Treme, just a few months after Hurricane Katrina. Such a great show. Makes me miss New Orleans. It is sort of eerie to watch right now, with Hurricane Isaac on the way. 

Still on my list to give a shot - Breaking Bad, Sherlock, and Game of Thrones. I am also still considering Dr. Who, a favorite of my friend, Ann.
What are some of your favorite TV series? Anything new that you are planning to pick up this fall?

What are some of your favorite TV series? Anything new that you are planning to pick up this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...