Wednesday, August 29, 2012

CSA Cooking: Lemon Basil Pesto

On Monday night, I picked up my CSA veggies for the week from my mom's house. Because I knew that the two weeks ahead were going to be pretty crazy, I decided it would be a pretty good idea to start using the veggies up right away, starting with the giant bunch of lemon basil. Yum.

We got lemon basil a few weeks ago, and I ended up having to throw it away. Since I knew that I wasn't going to eat it for dinner tonight, or possibly the next several nights, I decided it would be a good idea to make and freeze some pesto.


Ingredients:

2 cups of lemon basil leaves (I just used my whole bunch)
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of almonds (didn't have pine nuts, so I figured these were an okay substitute)
2 Tablespoons of parmesan cheese
6 Tablespoons of olive oil

I started by chopping up the almonds in the blender so that they wouldn't be big chunks in the pesto. Then I added in the basil leaves and the garlic. After that was nice and chunky, I added the cheese and olive oil until I had a paste.

So easy!

On the next edition of Cooking with Kirstin....

Yeah, I got nothing. It will have to be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...