After cleaning out my closet last week, I own exactly 5 pairs:
- One long dark pair for wearing with heels (which almost never happens). (Gap Long and Leans)
- One old pair I have kept for when I do service, painting, or other dirty stuff. (American Eagle)
- One cheap comfy pair for wearing around the house on Saturdays that honestly give me dumpy mom butt when they get too loose. (Target Boyfriend Jeans)
- One short dark pair that I wear with flats/sandals (Gap 1969s)
- And my newest pair: My skinnies! (Old Navy Rockstar Skinny)
Last weekend, on our way back from Madison, we stopped at the outlets in Johnson Creek. We ended up spending quite a bit of time in Old Navy, where I tried on anything and everything, but ended up walking out with two things: a black polka dot sleeveless top, and my first pair of skinny jeans.
It took me awhile to even get up the confidence to try on a pair of skinny jeans. I actually initially was going to have #27 be: Get a pair of skinny jeans, but as a girl with a butt/hips, that didn't seem like something that would be an option for me. Eventually I did decide to try some on, but they were always either way too long that they looked funny, or too loose in the waist/butt but tight in the legs, that they looked totally crazy. Fail.
I ended up trying on a pair of Rockstar Super Skinny jeans, and was pleasantly surprised that the length and fit worked pretty well. The stretch makes a big difference. Chris said that I looked a little bit like a hipster. I was not too concerned about this.
BTW, I totally wanted this red sleeveless top with horseshoes on it. But I was thinking practically, and went with the black polka dots instead.
Anyway, I am pretty happy about them and can't wait to get a pair of boots that I can wear with them. Calling these perfect might be a stretch (haha), but I am a fan. I am going to continue looking, but between these and my Gap 1969s, I have two good options. I am hoping to tone up a bit before buying more clothes. Still have to check off #19!
I think I'll check this one off for now.