|Only serious books for awhile now.|
I have now read 30 books, checking #1 off of my list.
Looking back, I read quite the variety of books. Check out these stats:
# of fiction books: 24
# of non-fiction books: 3
# of biographies/memoirs: 2
# of audio books: 14
# of books for book club: 3...sad that fizzled out. We need to get that going again.
# of series: 3
Favorite book read: A tie between Bossypants by Tina Fey and Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling. Both had me laughing out loud. I know I've said it before, but I definitely recommend both of these in audio book.
Least favorite book: Therese Raquin. Yuck.
Book(s) that I would read again: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. And definitely Mindy's and Tina's books.
The 31st Book: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle - I am a huge fan of the show Sherlock, and wanted to go back and read the stories that the episodes are based on. I'll write a review for that one in a bit.
Currently Reading: A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle. See above. I'm a nerd.
I'm going to be heavily focused on my dissertation for awhile, so I don't know how much time that I will have for pleasure reading. But, I do try to squeeze in a good book when I can. Here is what's on my shelf, waiting to be read next:
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
- Manhunt: The 12 Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
- The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
I have a whole list of books that I hope to get time to read beyond that, but it sounds like a good start.
Here is the full 30B430 list.