Friday, January 4, 2013

2013: Bold and Thriving

Image from here

So I realize I've had a few bonus days, but I thought I'd share my word(s) for 2013. Rather than come up with a New Year's resolution that I would inevitably break, I took a friend's suggestion and came up with a word or theme for what I want my year to be. And because I am indecisive, I picked two.

2013: Be Bold

When I made the decision to cut off my hair last fall, it was a bold decision. Definitely not a safe one. What if my head was a crazy shape under all that hair?! With it, has come a desire to make more bold choices. And a confidence to live life more boldly. Sorta like Tom Haverford. But not totally...

2013: Thrive

We often talk about bringing our lives into balance. Balancing work and personal life. Finding balance among the chaos. I don't know if that is a realistic goal or not. It often sounds more like doing your best to keep all of the balls you are juggling in the air. So instead, I want to live a life where I am thriving. Thriving to me means being healthy and happy. Not weighed down with silly stuff. The best version of myself that I am able to be. I want to be that.

Did you make a resolution? Or do you have a theme/word for the year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...