When I walked into my office today, I was overwhelmed at the amount of stuff that I am going to need to go through. It seems like an impossible task. However, my goal is to break it down into more manageable projects. Here's what I'm thinking:
Week One: Desk
- Clear off top of desk.
- Purge filing drawers (3) and reprioritize which files are in them.
- Develop new filing system for short-term and long-term filing.
- Reorganize top cabinets.
- Take home mugs, other personal items.
Week Two: Floor/Table
- Transfer stored items for students to their office space across campus.
- Take home personal items.
- Unpack boxes leftover from move (some of which are strategically hidden).
Week Three: Bookshelf and Filing Cabinet
- Purge items that are old and no longer used (most of them)
- Implement new filing system for cabinet.
- Better utilize space.
Week Four: Final Cleaning/Organizing/Decorating
I may need to haul in a giant dumpster with the amount of stuff that I hope to get rid of. I'll be sure to take some before and after shots too.
Here's to a less cluttered work life!