Saturday, April 17, 2010

DIY: Hemming Jeans

As a short person, it is frustrating to constantly be buying jeans and pants that are too long. I've become fairly comfortable with hemming khakis over the years, and repairing hems to dress pants utilizing stitchwitchery, but I've never attempted to hem my own jeans before because I was too freaked out that I'd wreck them, or that it would look obvious that I'd done them myself. I actually have had two pairs that have been sitting on my dresser with the tags on for about two and a half years.

Although I'm a beginner at Do-It-Yourself projects, I found this really helpful online tutorial from Dacia Ray with directions on how to hem jeans while utilizing the original hem. It sounded so easy, I was willing to give it a shot with a pair of jeans that I got from Target (yes, Target...they are really cute). I figure with a price tag of less than $30, I couldn't really do that much damage.

I followed the directions exactly and my pair turned out really well - I've been wearing them all the time, and I've gotten a few compliments! It's definitely worth a shot, especially to save some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...