Saturday, March 3, 2012

30B430 Book 12: Room

























I hadn't really heard much about Room by Emma Donoghue before I picked it up from a pile of books that my mom had just finished.  I just knew that it was on a lot of book club lists, and the cover design jumped out at me. I started the book and was immediately sucked in. I read it in just a few days.

Room is a story, told from the perspective of a five-year old boy named Jack who lives with his mom in Room. You quickly figure out that they cannot leave Room, as he tells of how they fill their time with their daily routines and made up games. As you read further, you get the ominous feeling that Ma and Jack need to escape from Room. The question is how will they do it and will they survive?

Room was a great book. It's sort of a horrible premise, but told through the innocence of a child, which makes it an easier read. It was a little hard to get into it at first as I tried to adjust to the narration and dialect of a five-year old. But clearly I couldn't put it down.

Worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...