Friday, March 2, 2012

Losing It



One of the goals on my 30B430 list is to get to my ideal weight. I recognize that health and fitness should not just be about numbers, but I do know that getting in shape, eating healthier, and dropping a few pounds are all things that I need to do. I want to feel healthier, and happier with myself. And to kick butt on the Wii Fit, obviously.

And so, I joined Weight Watchers online.

I have not always been a huge fan of Weight Watchers. I support the concepts - learning portion control, choosing more nutrient dense foods, while not cutting out entire food groups like other fad diets, etc. In the past, I have watched friends and coworkers use Weight Watchers as a sort of competition, rather than a support system. It did not always bring out the best in people. And I would get really frustrated with the constant conversations about the point values of different foods. I felt that I was being judged for what I was eating, even though I wasn't dieting with the group. Inside I would think, "Yes, my meal may be three days worth of points, but it is what I want to eat."

I had to let those feelings go, and have now embraced making healthier choices and balancing what I am eating with the guidance of Weight Watchers plan. I think it has made me a lot more aware of what I am eating. Much like Joey Tribiani, I could eat sandwiches and pizza every day. But in the long run, it is obviously a better option to choose some veggies and healthy proteins. Oh, and probably a few less cupcakes. It is also important that I pay attention to where I am getting my calories, as I start to train for the marathon. I'll need all of the energy I can get.

I don't plan to update my blog with my weight or anything, but do appreciate the support as I attempt to make healthier decisions. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...