Friday, May 14, 2010

A Day Without Spending

I was home sick yesterday with a migraine. Boo.

The amazing thing that I realized last night as I was watching tv was that I hadn't spent any money at all yesterday, since I ate all of my meals at home. There honestly aren't many days where that happens. Even if I don't spend a lot, I usually get a snack while at work or pop over to Walgreens for a bag of gummy bears (The Haribo ones are the best). Plus then there are those days when I spend a whole lot more.

As I was thinking about it, I looked up a few tips from different financial blogs. One blog, I Will Teach You To Be Rich, encourages individuals to put one day a week on their calendar that they will not spend any money. By committing to it on a calendar versus just doing it whenever, it's more likely to happen. This was just one tip in their overall plan to save $1,000 in 30 days. I'll be reading through the other tips to see what might also be helpful.

This one definitely seems like a good idea though. Worth giving a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...