Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cable Free is the Way to Be

My cable has been off for one week, and I'm not really missing it yet. I'm thankful for some summer shows like So You Think You Can Dance, The Bachelorette (love Ali!) and of course, for the last few episodes of Glee!

I've taken advantage of the shows available online via Netflix and Hulu. I watched the entire first season of Lie to Me, which is a totally awesome concept. I feel like I want to watch people now to see if they are lying and use the signs that they look for on the show. It reminds me a lot of House, but in a different setting that is new and interesting. And House has just been okay lately, so I'll gladly check out something new. I've also been catching up on several seasons of Friday Night Lights. I've seen a few episodes here and there, but this is the first time that I've really watched straight through. It's an awesome show!

Strangely, I've actually turned off the tv! I typically have it on all the time just for background noise. Lately, I've spent some time without any noise at all, reading books, going for a walk, playing with the cat, and just listening to myself think. I'm trying hard to become comfortable with the silence. It's refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...