Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Walk It Out....

We have started a new challenge at work called SLU Walk to Madrid. Run through our recreation center, the goal is to promote a healthy lifestyle for everyone on campus, while together virtually walking the 4,415 miles from here to our campus in Madrid, Spain. There is a virtual map tracking our progress along the way here

I signed up, and received a pedometer and a sheet to track my steps for the next 12 weeks. We are each encouraged to get 10,000 steps per day (roughly 5 miles), which is considered an active lifestyle. It's harder than you might think! Thankfully I went to the grocery store tonight, which definitely upped my steps. As of right now, I'm only at 8,621. 

Time to step it up!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...