Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Time for Souvenirs!

With a whole week in Orlando, I really could have overdone it with the souvenirs. Be proud, I didn't! My only real souvenir (besides my awesome personalized beach towel from the reunion), came from our trip to Downtown Disney on Monday. While we decided to skip the other Disney parks, we headed to the food and shopping area for a fun afternoon.



We stopped at Basin, one of my favorite bath stores that I still remember from our last trip to Orlando. No purchases there, but we did some free hand exfoliation and sniffed all the bath bombs. We also went to Mickey's Pantry, where I really wanted a cute Minnie Mouse apron but said no. We then got stuck for quite awhile in The Art of Disney/Disney Design-a-Tee, caught by a rainstorm that forced us to purchase the $7 Disney ponchos. I don't count those as souvenirs....nothing fun about em.



After a lot of wandering, through a number of other stores, plus lunch, we headed back to D Street to get our Vinylmation figures...our one souvenir from the day. The are different collectibles, all shaped like Mickey, but with a variety of designs. For just $9, we each got our collectible, sealed in a box. You pick your collection, but you have no idea what's inside!

Chris picked the Urban 3 series and wound up with...



Some kinda dino/dragon thingy. I picked The Muppets, and got....



Wait for it....



Miss Piggy!

Now, they say that there are no returns or exchanges, but the cashier offered to let us open them at the cash register and trade them if we wanted. We preferred to be adventurous and waited until we were in the car instead. Of course, now I'm tempted and want more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...