|Photo from Inspire Fitness|
And so, a week from tomorrow, I will start Meatless May. I will still plan to eat eggs and dairy products, but no poultry, pork, beef, or seafood.
I have been gathering some different food ideas online, so that I will have options for things to eat. It is really key that I continue to eat enough protein Here are a few recipes that I am planning to try out:
- Summer Corn Cakes from Ezra Pound Cake
- Portobellos with Leeks and Spinach from Martha Stewart
- Baked Lemon Pasta from Pioneer Woman
- Chipotle Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Guac Tacos from Naturally Ella
- Simple Vegetable Curry from Martha Stewart
- Zucchini with Quinoa Stuffing from Real Simple
- Lentil Tacos from Budget Bytes
- Spinach and Gruyere Quiche from Martha Stewart
- Couscous and Feta Stuffed Peppers from Smitten Kitchen
- White Bean Chili from Real Simple
- Hearty Black Bean Quesadillas from Budget Bytes
- Leek and Mushroom Quiche from Smitten Kitchen
- Butternut Squash Pizza from Real Simple
- Pesto Foccacia Pizza from Budget Bytes
- Tortilla and Black Bean Pie from Martha Stewart
- Winter Lentil Soup from Real Simple
- Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps from Pioneer Woman
- Roasted Veggie Couscous from Budget Bytes
- Stuffed Poblano Peppers from Real Simple
- Chickpea Salad with Roasted Red Peppers from Smitten Kitchen
- Mediterranean Grain Salad from Martha Stewart
Chris is going to be my cheerleader along the way, but won't be giving up meat with me. Since he does not eat many fruits or veggies, he would probably starve! We will have to figure out which meals that we can eat together, and when we will each be preparing our own food. That is the only major drawback to this little experiment.
Part of why I put this on my list is because I think it is fun/interesting to push oneself through adding things/removing things from regular routines. Like adding exercising, taking away eating out, etc. I eat several meatless meals each week, but this will be the first time that I have cut it out entirely. I am interested to see what I will miss the most. Will I crave a hamburger? Or a slice of pepperoni pizza? Or will I love it, and want to stick with it after the month is up. We will just have to wait and see.
Have you attempted to add or subtract anything from your routines lately?