Sunday, February 19, 2012

Making a Home: Headboards

Now that we know where we will be living, it is hard not to get caught up in ideas for what to do with our future apartment. I blame Pinterest.

Although we are just renting, I still want our place to feel like home. And because I'm a big DIY nerd, I've been pinning all kinds of ideas that don't break the bank.

To make our bedrooms look a little more "grown up," I have decided they need headboards.

I love the traditional tufted look:



























And this one from recycled wood:



(originally from here)

This one adds some pattern with starched fabric that was ironed directly onto the wall.


(originally from here)


This patchwork option is cute too:



And John and Sherry, from Young House Love, shared a great tutorial for making an easy headboard with an art canvas.



















Just one of many DIY projects that I have on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...