Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Making a Home: Indoor and Outdoor Greenery

As I look ahead to our new apartment, I would love to bring in some plants for a little indoor (cat-friendly) garden. You may recall that I have tried keeping plants before in my last apartment... I don't exactly have  a green thumb. The orchid lasted slightly longer than the African violet, but neither made it six months.

I love the idea of an assortment of potted plants, like this...

 

(originally from here)

My only concern is that both cats like to eat plants, and would find a way to destroy them.

I have also been swooning over terrariums, and would love to make one. Aren't these gorgeous?


(from here)


(from here)


 (from here)


(from here)

By going the closed terrarium route, I would not have to worry about the cats. I love both the succulent and the moss and fern terrariums. Perhaps I need more than one?  My terrariums would look really cute next to these terrarium postcards that I just bought from Etsy.



We will have a backyard in our new place, and the landlord was open to us planting a garden. I love the idea of growing veggies and herbs. Although it would probably be smart to start small. Both of these projects require some construction know-how, and a little tender lovin' care, but I think I could do it.


(from here)


(from here)

I will not be able to do much until I can get into the space, but I look forward to seeing if I can keep some plants alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...