Monday, February 20, 2012

Making a Home: Picture Galleries

As I look to decorate a new place, I am also obsessed with walls with picture galleries. Up to this point, most of my "art" has been posters that I have had since high school. I like the idea of doing something with a mix of both personal photos and fun prints.

First, there is my favorite hallway gallery from John and Sherry at Young House Love. This was my original inspiration for a gallery wall. I love that they frame a mix of sentimental pictures, art prints, ads clipped from magazines, and fun craft paper. They focus on doing affordable projects that are both creative and lovely.


Check out this mix of black and white with spotlights and everything. Perhaps more artsy than Chris and I, but super cool!


 I love that this one has a chalkboard! Gorgeous room.

 


This one shows that you can do a gallery wall with bright colors - not everything has to be matchy-matchy.

 

I also love this one, that utilized a corner. What a great way to make it fee more vibrant and lively.

 

Until we get in the space, I am not entirely sure what we have to work with for wall space. I feel like I must have been in a daze when walking through, that now I regret not taking pictures!

But I think we have some very cute prints and pictures to work with. I definitely want the space to feel personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...