Wednesday, May 9, 2012

30B430 Book 17: The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag

 

I jumped back in with another Flavia de Luce mystery. The second book in the series is The Weed That Strings The Hangman's Bag, and it picks up not long after the first book. In this book, Flavia finds herself unraveling the secrets behind the murder of an electrocuted puppeteer, which also brings to light information about a young boy who died years ago.

I was excited to hear the second book. I loved the narration by Jayne Entwistle on the last audio book, so I've opted to stick with that format rather than switch to print. The only challenge with this is that it is hard to keep track of all of the different characters that Flavia meets throughout the book. There is the German prisoner of war, the grieving family, the puppeteer's assistant, Flavia's Aunt Felicity, and many more. Normally this would not be a big deal, but when you are trying to see if you can figure out the mystery and keep track of clues and potential suspects along the way, it is significantly more difficult. I started keeping notes on my phone along the way. I definitely didn't predict all the twists and turns. I am a nerd.

I have been thinking that the series would make for some great movies. I have not heard if anyone has thought about picking them up. There are supposed to be six books in total, with four already in print. And on that note, I am on to the next one, A Red Herring Without Mustard.  

Don't forget to enter my very first giveaway! Entries will be accepted through Monday. Don't be shy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...