Sunday, May 27, 2012

30B430 Book 19: I Am Half-Sick of Shadows



After a speedy reading session, I have now finished all of the books currently written by Alan Bradley in the Flavia de Luce series. The latest, I Am Half-Sick of Shadows, is set over Christmas, and brings the murder mystery to Flavia's family mansion. A famous actress is killed there while a movie crew films at the house and the whole town is snowed in at the place, leaving many suspects. As always, Flavia finds herself right in the middle of the action, discovering clues faster than the local police. As an awesome side story, she also concocts a plan to catch Father Christmas by creating a very sticky chimney. Gotta love her hijinks.

I really enjoyed this book, although I felt like Flavia solved the mystery much faster than in the other books. It seems like there was more time building up to the murder, and less spent putting the clues together to figure out who dunnit. I couldn't decide if it was a different reading experience, because I actually read it, rather than listening on Audible, or because the book was just different. It wasn't bad different, just different.

Either way, I love Flavia. And can't wait for book five to come out. Plus, there is apparently an option out for a tv show based on the books. Sadly, now I  have to find something else to read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...