Thursday, May 31, 2012

Oh Hey, That's Me!

If you have a moment, hop on over to A Good Run. You might notice that my face is included in a recent post.

The concept of Steve's blog is a really cool concept. Each week features a different runner sharing a run in their city, stopping at different hot spots along the way. Steve also asks the runners to thank someone at each stop, and to raise money/make a donation to a charity of their choice. I have enjoyed reading the posts from other runners so far, and learning about different cities that would be fun to visit.  

I had the chance to meet Steve last February at a work-related conference, and we talked a bit about running and my goal to run a marathon. He gave me some great tips, as a more experienced runner, and told me about his  After checking out the blog, I decided to sign up, and will be doing a run of Milwaukee, which will post on November 12. I am really excited, and have already been brainstorming which Milwaukee locations I would like to highlight. I would never have considered myself a runner a few months ago, and so it is pretty cool to do something like this.

Steve is looking for runners to fill 52 weeks, and still has a number of spots left. If you like to run, consider signing up.

In the meantime, I am off to look into some new running shoes. I do not think that my current pair are going to make the cut, as my runs get longer. Too many blisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...